Kedarkantha Trek is a classic winter trek. The trek provides a great opportunity for trekkers to see the scenic beauty and experience the life of remote villages of Garhwal Himalayas. Kedarkantha Trek lies in the Govind Wild life Sanctuary and National Park in Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand.
Besides promoting sustainable eco tourism, HPMA's prime objective is to provide employment opportunities to the local youth.
The team for last ten years has been dedicated to achieve the following objectives:
1. To promote sustainable eco-friendly aesthetic tourism and adventurous activities in the Himalayas, particularly in Uttarkashi, Govind Wildlife Sanctuary and National Parks.
2. To facilitate adequate services for tourists, trekkers and mountaineers viz. reliable porters guides, instructors, equipments and management services.
3. To provide emergency voluntary services to individual tourist or group through search and rescue operations, help to overcome adverse climatic conditions.
4. To explore new trekking routes and tourists places and popularise them.
5. To manage tourist and trekking activities free from environmental pollution.
6. To organise awareness camps on issues related to education, health, environment, human rights and social justice.
7. To facilitate strengthening and protection of local culture through organising songs and dance competitions, melas (fete) showcasing woodcraft, local food preparations, costumes & so on.
Getting to the base camp H.P.M.A office – Sankri
Take an overnight train to Dehradun from Delhi. New Delhi-Dehradun A/C special train from New Delhi station is the best option. The train reaches Dehradun at 5.40 am. If you are joining our trek batches, Harkidun protection and mountaineering asoociation arranges transportation for you from Dehradun to Sankri and back. The transport is in Zylo and Max , Bolaro taxi with five people sharing. A Taxi costs Rs 5500 one way. The approximate cost per person would be Rs 2200 (Dehradun to Sankri and Sankri to Dehradun up and down).
Sankri is a small pretty Markect and Sour village. A few Beautiful Hotel Swargarohini Palace harkidun road Sankri and some shops make Sankri. Stay at the Hotel Swargarohini Palace harkidun road Sankri on the road and our base camp Office Most trekkers get to Sankri in the evening which is a good time to lookout for the sun setting on the Greater Himalayan mountain ranges. The peaks of Swargarohini shimmer in the evening sun standing tall over the ridges beyond Sankri.
Dehradun, Mussorie, Nowgaon, Purola, Netwar, Sankari, Judalake, Baiya, Kedarkantha, Dunda Thach, Taloti, Taluka, Sankari!!
Kedarkantha Trek is a classic winter trek. The trek provides a great opportunity for trekkers to see the scenic beauty and experience the life of remote villages of Garhwal Himalayas. Kedarkantha Trek lies in the Govind Wild life Sanctuary and National Park in Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand. The drive to Sankri (From where the Kedarkantha trek starts) is one of the most picturesque drives in the Himalayas through Mussoorie, Barkot, Purola, Mori, Netwar, Motwat along the Tons River Kedarkantha trek is one the easiest treks in the Himalayas to enjoy thick snow cover. The Kedarkantha trek campsite is great for birding and surrounded by beautiful snow peaks.
Trips High light:
Travel from DehraDun to Sankari (210kmt) by luxury coach/ Max, Bolaro,_) (lunch on route ) on arrival check Sankari G.M.V.N.and Hotal SwrgaRohni Palace at Sankari which is located on the confluence of the Supin River at Sankari Left side a small village sour so looking four nice view for hark dun and swargarohani pic Sour village Lord of Somiswar Temple and Rite side Supin River The best Know valley in the region is the pretty Har ki Dun loved for its wids expanse flowers and Mountain views. The valley east of Har ki Dun.!!